VICTOR Nivo Multimode Microplate Reader
Now with Alpha Technology, the VICTOR® Nivo™ system packs all popular detection modes into the industry’s smallest multimode reader footprint. The perfect microplate reader for everyday biochemical and cell-based assays, it measures at any wavelength, with top and bottom reading of all standard technologies (top only reading for Alpha). Its software interface is easy to learn and use, and lets you control the instrument from almost any device – perfect for multiuser environments. Combine with our assays and reagents to get you started right away.
The VICTOR Nivo system is a high-performance filter-based multimode microplate reader equipped with all major detection technologies:
- Fluorescence intensity
- Time-resolved fluorescence
- Fluorescence polarization
It’s a compact, light-weight multimode plate reader designed for life science research laboratories performing routine low-throughput assays, or assay development work, with diverse application requirements. When combined with the stacker, throughput for the VICTOR Nivo is increased and productivity is enhanced by enabling users to set up walk away automation so they can focus on their research and not on managing plates.
The VICTOR Nivo system’s software has a modern, workflow-oriented user interface which is easy to learn and use and includes pre-written application protocols to get users productive quickly. In addition, it allows you to use your test results to perform basic data analysis immediately after running your assay. For complex calculations, optional MyAssays® Desktop Pro analysis software is available for use in the lab or at your desk. With our Enhanced Security software option, it contains technological tools to help guide you through the complexity of compliance for 21 CFR Part 11.
The browser-based control software is independent of operating system, so it can be controlled via a variety of touchscreen devices, for example Windows or Mac OS PCs or tablets.
The VICTOR Nivo microplate reader can be operated via WiFi or a network connection, enabling experiments to be set-up, run and monitored remotely, such as from outside a biosafety cabinet or from a neighbouring lab.
Dynamic Rainbow Filter Exchanger
Every VICTOR Nivo comes rainbow-ready with our dynamic double-layered filter wheel system that can store up to 32 filters. When fully loaded, the system is equipped to address virtually any application, with better sensitivity than a monochromator.
- Exchanged between the inner and outer wheels
- Used for either excitation or emission light path
- Locked in position so they don’t get lost – ideal for multiuser labs
The Spectra Viewer tool helps you visualize the spectral compatibility of fluorophores and fluorescent labelled probes so you can determine what filters are best for detection. Choose the appropriate Revvity multimode plate reader from the Select Machine drop-down menu. After selection, filters for the chosen instrument will be displayed automatically.
For absorbance measurements using the VICTOR Nivo multimode plate reader, there is a choice of either a filter- or a spectrometer-based system. With the spectrometer-based plate reader, full spectrum absorbance measurements are ultra-fast – 230 to 1000 nm at selectable resolutions (2.0 nm, 5.0 nm, 10 nm) in less than 1 second per well.
Up to eight discrete wavelengths can be detected at once in a single measurement with no wavelength switching, and the spectrometer-based VICTOR Nivo system also allows the detection of a wide range of dyes or measurement of samples with unknown absorbance spectra.
Time-Resolved Fluorescence (TRF)
Features & Benefits
- Compact, lightweight multimode plate reader which frees-up bench space and is easy to move into a biosafety cabinet or another lab
- Internal dynamic filter wheel system, with space for up to 32 filters, provides ready access to filters for a large number of dyes
- For absorbance, choice of filter-based detection for best sensitivity or spectrometer for wavelength flexibility
- Time resolved fluorescence certified for use with HTRF® technology
- Top and bottom reading of all standard technologies (absorbance, luminescence, fluorescence intensity, time-resolved fluorescence and fluorescence polarization), top reading only for Alpha; with high performance for plate formats from 1 to 1536-wells
- Stacker option for batch processing of up to 20 microplates
- Enhanced Security software for regulated environments provides technological controls and features that support 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
- Optional dispenser for applications such as fast kinetics, flash luminescence assays, or dual addition assays
- Integrated temperature control (up to 65 °C) and optional gas control unit to keep cells viable during long term kinetic assays
- Browser-based software enables the plate reader to be controlled from a variety of devices – PC, laptop or tablet
- Can be controlled via network or WiFi to facilitate remote working and data access