ViscoStar® Differential viscometer Detector
The ViscoStar® incorporates multiple novel technologies to provide the highest sensitivity, stability and solvent compatibility of any available viscometer for GPC. Its ease-of-use and serviceability make it the perfect companion for Wyatt’s DAWN® light scattering and Optilab® refractive index detectors. Used in conjunction with SEC-MALS-IV the ViscoStar® is used to determine the size and conformation of all types of biopolymers, synthetic polymers and even proteins & peptides.
- High sensitivity, equivalent to 100 ng of 100 kDa polystyrene in THF at 1.0 mL/min injected onto a standard GPC column
- High dynamic range of over 135,000:1. The full measurement range corresponds to over 13 mg/mL of 100 kDa polystyrene in THF
- Extended solvent compatibility with all-316 stainless steel transducers
- Temperature range from 4°C to 70°C for polymers or proteins that require a range of temperatures
- Minimal band broadening thanks to fast pressure transducers
- Pump pulse suppression to below 4 Pa (hardware alone) or 1 Pa (hardware + software) without loss of chromatographic resolution
- Automated capillary bridge tuning with no moving parts, to guarantee a perfectly balanced bridge, every run
- Enhanced thermal stability with drift of < 2.5 Pa/hour, thanks to the Dual-Peltier thermal control.
- System Pressure Protection