The AXIMA Performance is one of the most powerful tools in mass spectrometry, delivering information-rich spectra with greater sensitivity and higher confidence in identification. It is an extremely versatile and powerful TOF-TOF system, integrating workflows for a diverse range of analytical needs. A diverse range of applications are supported, including fully automated proteomics experiments, LC MALDI analyses, functional genomics, quality control and polymer interrogation.
Key Performance Features
- Near-axis laser irradiation with a 50Hz variable repetition rate N2 laser
- Uncompromised linear mode performance for high mass analysis
- Patented improved curved field reflectron
- Mass range 1-500kDa in linear mode; 1-80kDa in reflectron mode
- Mass resolution 5000 FWHM (ACTH 18-39) in linear mode; 20000 FWHM (ACTH 7-38) in reflectron mode
- Sensitivity 250 amol (Glu-fibrinopeptide) in reflectron mode
- Mass accuracy <5ppm in reflectron mode
- Precursor ion resolution >400 FWHM
- High energy MS/MS using helium collision gas
- Flexible target formats – ranging from 48 well microscope slide format targets to 384 well microtitre plate targets
monoPULSE™ high performance, revolutionary ion gate provides outstanding MS/MS precursor ion selection resolution. When complex mixtures are analyzed, the high resolution ion gate allows optimal isolation of ions with similar nominal mass, affording successful separation of MS/MS fragmentation patterns, producing more and higher confidence identifications. Resulting MS/MS spectra are easier to interpret and significant database search hits are more readily achieved. The high-energy collisions, together with the curved field reflectron (CFR) produce well-balanced, information-rich MS/MS data.
- The unique combination of the advanced curved field reflectron design and the high-energy collision cell means that all fragment ions formed are detected, regardless of where they are formed in the instrument. Both LID and CID ions are accumulated into a seamless spectrum providing the best possible MS/MS sensitivity.
- The Low Mass Zoom™ (LMZ) feature allows rapid enhancement of the region of the spectrum encompassing the immonium ions and isotopically labelled quantitative diagnostic ions.
- Gridless ion path, unique to leading MS/MS systems, designed to avoid unwanted ion scattering and ensure the highest possible ion transmission.
- High sensitivity allowing multiple MS/MS acquisitions on the same sample spot through low sample consumption.
- Designed with the flexibility to adapt to users’ workflow: from single sample manual acquisition to fully automated data-dependent peptide mass fingerprinting and MS/MS for protein identification.
- Peptide mass fingerprints are acquired and subjected to an optional integrated Mascot® database search.
- User defined acceptance limits for PMF-based protein identification.
- Data-dependent MS/MS: using the results of the PMF search, MS/MS may be performed on ions that matched to the top ranked protein hit (confirmation MS/MS), in addition to those that were not (investigation MS/MS). Batch searching of these MS/MS spectra is then performed automatically to provide further and higher confidence protein identification.
- Data may be reprocessed and resubmitted for database searching at a later time to provide additional information.
LC MALDI integrated package
- The AXIMA Performance provides total support for LC-MALDI based experiments.
- The software suite allows the fully automated acquisition of LC separated samples deposited onto MALDI targets and the subsequent identification of proteins via MS/MS of the peptides detected.
- Automatically provides a provisional intensity map of all sample spots across the target to assess the distribution of peptides and identify the position of the apex of the chromatographic peaks. These are utilized to generate a candidate list and MS/MS data acquired for all discrete peptide ions.
- Exclusion lists are used to remove known contaminants or high abundance peptides.
- All data is subjected to an integrated Mascot® search.
- Low sample consumption allows multiple spectra to be acquired from the same spot increasing the amount of MS/MS data obtained.
Biomarker Recognition/Tissue Imaging
- Seamless export of sample location to the Axima™ MALDI mass spectrometer
- Automated acquisition of MS data – profiling or imaging
- Visualization of the spatial distribution of components of interest via intensity mapping software
- Easy export of data to alternative processing packages, including BioMAP