Lyostat 5 – Freeze Drying Microscope
This instrument is a freeze drying microscope (FDM) used for establishing critical events such as collapse annealing and as an aid in ensuring safe, robust, and cost-efficient cycle development. The Lyostat features real-time digital video and measurement which is achieved by using a high-performance digital USB camera to determine the exact point of collapse.
The Lyostat is an integral part of the R&D and CDMO services that we offer.
- Achieve a safe, robust and cost efficient cycle development: identify collapse/eutectic temperatures, crystallisation phenomena, potential for skin/crust formation, and the effects of annealing on ice crystal growth and solute structure.
- Real-time digital video and measurement: using a high performance digital USB camera to determine the exact point of collapse, capture up to 80 GB of information.
- Optimised Optical System: fewer lenses than compound microscopes for clearer images, LED lamp with an efficient custom-designed electronics module and lifetime of more than 60,000 hours.
- Motorised vacuum control: chamber pressure displayed in mBar, kPA or mTorr enables close investigation of the effects of pressure on sample collapse.
- Liquid Nitrogen Cooling System: automatic twin-pump cooling system including 2L Dewar and flexible insulated tubing, twin pumps for faster cooling.
- User-friendly software: full control over temperature programmer active ramp information and stage pressure, create temperature profile of several ramping and holding steps in a simple on-screen data table.