Multiclamp 700B Amplifier
The MultiClamp™ 700B Microelectrode Amplifier is a versatile, computer-controlled microelectrode amplifier designed for patch voltage-clamp (resistive-feedback, four ranges) or high-speed current clamp (voltage-follower, three ranges) recording within the same headstage. The system is ideal for many applications, including high-speed current clamp (sharp-electrode or field potentials), patch clamp (whole-cell, macro-patch, or excised patch), voltammetry/amperometry, ion-selective measurements and bilayer recordings.
Major new features of the MultiClamp 700B Amplifier include Internal Automatic Mode switching, triggered by external signals or the recording itself; Oscillation Suppression for better cell protection; and Slow Current Injection to compensate for drifting potentials.
Request for More information
- Support of up to four headstages makes the MultiClamp 700B System four amplifiers in one.
- Software control of all amplifier settings for automated optimization features, reduction of manipulation steps, and convenient, reliable telegraphing.
- Quick Select Feature recalls up to three saved amplifier configurations for fast, reproducible application switching.
- Optional SoftPanel allows amplifier control using knobs and buttons for a more conventional feel to amplifier control.
- Integrated seal test in voltage- and current-clamp mode for easy monitoring of membrane and cell health parameters.
- Dual Command Potentials add flexibility by processing input signals from two different sources.
- Selectable command sensitivity for flexible control of the output waveform.
- Pipette offset compensation with auto-mode quickly removes signal offsets.
- Automatic pipette capacitance compensation requires only the push of a button to neutralize the contribution of the glass pipette and the pipette holder to the capacitance of the circuitry.
- Series resistance compensation: Prediction helps achieve the desired command level faster by transiently supercharging the membrane potential.
- Series resistance compensation: Correction improves the bandwidth of the recording by eliminating the error introduced by the voltage drop across the series resistance.
- Automatic cell capacitance compensation corrects for the capacitance of the cell membrane in whole-cell recordings with a single mouse click.
- Automatic mode switching enables you to control the transition between voltage and current clamp by an external trigger or depending on the recorded signal.
- Automatic oscillation detection prevents damage to a cell when electrical feedback occurs.
- Leak subtraction for automatic correction of leak currents with a smart, software-based algorithm.
- Selectable output gain with 11 settings to scale the output signal to the desired level.
- Audio monitor for acoustic tracking of the signal while you are busy looking down a microscope.
- Fine-tunable 4-pole bessel and butterworth low-pass filters act as anti-aliasing filters and can be used to pre-condition the output signal.